Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem

От Steinar H. Gunderson
Тема Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 02:05:57PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> In searching the archives, I can't find any specific info indentifying
> which Xeon processors don't have this problem.

AFAIK the cut-off point is at the Woodcrests. They are overall much better
suited to PostgreSQL than the older Xeons were.

It's slightly unfortunate that AMD and Intel cling to the Opteron and Xeon
names even though they're making significant architecture changes, but that's
life, I guess.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/

Сообщение: Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem
Сообщение: Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem