Time to retire Windows XP buildfarm host?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Time to retire Windows XP buildfarm host?
Дата
Re: Time to retire Windows XP buildfarm host?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Windows XP has been past end of life for quite some time. Nevertheless I
have kept my instance running with three buildfarm members: frogmouth,
currawong and brolga. Howeever, a recent commit (apparently fa2fa99, but
I'm not 100% sure) started causing a compiler segmentation fault on
frogmouth, the mingw/gcc-4.5.0 animal running on this machine.

I could try to remedy the problem, either by making a patch or updating
the compiler, or I could retire frogmouth and keep the other animals
running, or I could simply retire the machine. We have coverage of more
modern instances of all these animals, so shutting down the machine
probably wouldn't be any great loss, and would lessen my maintenance
burden a bit :-).

Does anyone have any strong opinion in favor of keeping any of these
animals running?

cheers

andrew