Re: Hardware recommendation: which is best

От Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Тема Re: Hardware recommendation: which is best
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/12/07, Phoenix Kiula <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to confirm -- why do you say "[Opteron] will have 2X as many
> disks"? In the dual-Opteron setup above I have 2 hard disks with
> RAID1, whereas in the single-Xeon quad-core setup I have 4 disks with
> RAID 10.
He didn't say that.  Read his comment again.  He said
the opteron may have a lead in terms of CPU/RAM performance,
but that the ASUS will have double the disk which may more than
make up for that.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

От: "Phoenix Kiula"
Сообщение: Re: Hardware recommendation: which is best
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Hardware recommendation: which is best