Re: [PostgresJDBCDriver 42.2.2 Strange Behavior] Observed precisionand scale being set as 17 for 'Double Precision data type'

От Mark Rotteveel
Тема Re: [PostgresJDBCDriver 42.2.2 Strange Behavior] Observed precisionand scale being set as 17 for 'Double Precision data type'
Дата
Ответ на [PostgresJDBCDriver 42.2.2 Strange Behavior] Observed precision andscale being set as 17 for 'Double Precision data type'  (Sachin Kumar <sachin170392@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: [PostgresJDBCDriver 42.2.2 Strange Behavior] Observed precisionand scale being set as 17 for 'Double Precision data type'  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 19-4-2018 05:36, Sachin Kumar wrote:
> Hi Postgres Team,
>
> I have observed PostgresJDBCDriver 42.2.2 returning precision and scale
> both same as 17 for 'double precision' data type.

Scale has no meaning for double precision, as such it should return 0
always (from the javadoc of ResultSetMetaData.getScale(..): "Gets the
designated column's number of digits to right of the decimal point. 0 is
returned for data types where the scale is not applicable.".

It sounds like a bug to me, to be honest.

https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/blob/d5f1cf7c35b05318947021d41e73b6953f623256/pgjdbc/src/main/java/org/postgresql/jdbc/TypeInfoCache.java#L659

--
Mark Rotteveel