[PostgresJDBCDriver 42.2.2 Strange Behavior] Observed precision andscale being set as 17 for 'Double Precision data type'

От Sachin Kumar
Тема [PostgresJDBCDriver 42.2.2 Strange Behavior] Observed precision andscale being set as 17 for 'Double Precision data type'
Дата
Ответы Re: [PostgresJDBCDriver 42.2.2 Strange Behavior] Observed precisionand scale being set as 17 for 'Double Precision data type'  (Mark Rotteveel <mark@lawinegevaar.nl>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Postgres Team,

I have observed PostgresJDBCDriver 42.2.2 returning precision and scale both same as 17 for 'double precision' data type.

Ideally scale should not be same as precision otherwise it will indicate only value between o and 1(exclusive) are allowed to load in it.

Can you please look in to this issue and please let me understand why precision and scale has been set as 17(hardcoded value) for postgres 'double precision' data type?

GIT Src code link for reference[Hardcoded '17']:
https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/blob/d5f1cf7c35b05318947021d41e73b6953f623256/pgjdbc/src/main/java/org/postgresql/jdbc/TypeInfoCache.java#L659