Re: logical decoding vs. VACUUM FULL / CLUSTER on table with TOAST-eddata

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: logical decoding vs. VACUUM FULL / CLUSTER on table with TOAST-eddata
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 28/11/2018 02:14, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2018-11-28 02:04:18 +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>>
>> On 11/24/18 12:20 AM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>>>
>>> OK, here's an updated patch, tweaking the reorderbuffer part. I plan
>>> to push this sometime mid next week.
>>>

>> Pushed and backpatched to 9.4- (same as e9edc1ba).
>
> Backpatching seems on the more aggressive end of things for an
> optimization. Could you at least announce that beforehand next time?

Well, it may be optimization, but from what I've seen the problems
arising from this can easily prevent logical replication from working
altogether as reorder buffer hits OOM on bigger tables. So ISTM that it
does warrant backpatch.