Re: [mail] Re: Win32 port patches submitted

От Emmanuel Charpentier
Тема Re: [mail] Re: Win32 port patches submitted
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mingw and mingw-ported tools ? That's a nice small and cozy unix-like
envoronment on tom of Windows. Add it emacs, and windoww becomes almost
tolerable ...
            Emmanuel Charpentier

[ Back to lurking ... ]

Brian Bruns wrote:
> Problem is, nobody builds packages on windows anyway.  They just all
> download the binary a guy (usually literally "one guy") built.  So, let's
> just make sure that one guy has cygwin loaded on his machine and we'll be
> all set. </tougue in cheek>
>
> Sorry, couldn't help myself...Seriously, it's a cultural thing, I wouldn't
> plan on a mighty hoard of windows database developers who are put off by
> commercial db's that run on unix and windows.  I imagine they are
> similarly off-putting if it were an option.
>

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Al Sutton wrote:
>

>>I would back keeping the windows specific files, and if anything moving the
>>code away from using the UNIX like programs.  My reasoning is that the more
>>unix tools you use for compiling, the less likley you are to attract
>>existing windows-only developers to work on the code. I see the Win32 patch
>>as a great oppertunity to attract more eyes to the code, and don't want the
>>oppertunity to be lost because of the build requirements.
>>
>>Al.

Сообщение: Re: [mail] Re: Win32 port patches submitted
Сообщение: Re: [mail] Re: Win32 port patches submitted