Re: Using the GPU

От Nicolas Barbier
Тема Re: Using the GPU
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2007/6/9, Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>:

> There has been some interesting research on sorting using the GPU which could
> be very interesting for databases.
>
> However I think Postgres would be unlikely to go the route of having compiled
> driver code for every possible video card. It's unlikely to be interesting for
> database developers until there's some abstract interface designed for these
> kinds of optimizations which it can use without caring about the specific
> graphics card.
>
> Perhaps this can be done using OpenGL already but I kind of doubt it.

<url:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLSL>

There are (of course) competing "standards" such as:

<url:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Level_Shader_Language>

and:

<url:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cg_%28programming_language%29>.

greetings,
Nicolas

--
Nicolas Barbier

От: "Jonathan Gray"
Сообщение: GiST intarray rd-tree indexes using intbig
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Controlling Load Distributed Checkpoints