GiST intarray rd-tree indexes using intbig

От Jonathan Gray
Тема GiST intarray rd-tree indexes using intbig
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
search-relatedproject where scaling is a major issue.  Recently I’ve been experimenting with the beautifully designed
rd-treeindexes and intarray contrib module, and it seems like a great solution for me.<p class="MsoNormal"> <p
class="MsoNormal">I’vehit a few bumps and am looking for clarification from anyone familiar with the implementation of
theintbig versions of intarray.<p class="MsoNormal"> <p class="MsoNormal">It is documented that intbig utilizes 4096
bitsignatures to represent the set nodes in the tree.  However, I am unable to find any reference to a 4kbit signature
inthe code and am wondering where this is implemented.<p class="MsoNormal"> <p class="MsoNormal">Also, is the leaf
comparisonalso a signature comparison like the nodes?  Or is this an exact comparison?  From my understanding of the
code,it doesn’t appear to be an exact comparison.  If this is the case, how can I access the original intarray that is
beingreferenced by this signature?<p class="MsoNormal"> <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks in advance.  I have spent many
hoursdigging through code (and deciphering macros) and need a bit of help to get a better understanding before I can