Re: Postgres.js driver - for Node.js

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Postgres.js driver - for Node.js
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 1/8/20 7:00 PM, Jonathan Buhacoff wrote:
> I'm wondering if the short list in the documentation [2] could be
> replaced with a link to the corresponding wiki page [1] ?

>> [1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers#Drivers
>> [2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/external-interfaces.html

IIRC that was one option that was floated. And IIRC there are two
potential issues that arise:

1. While it does easy the administration burden, it's still technically
a validation of drivers in that list. Maybe that's ok, based on what happens

2. We do ship out documents as PDFs, and said PDFs can be used offline.
If one is trying to understand which drivers are available and they see
a link to it, it may not be terribly helpful :(

That all said, perhaps it's time to update the list in the documentation
and create the guidance in terms of what it takes to have a driver
included in the documentation. I'd be happy to draft up some criteria.

When I last curated the list, I did try to bring it down to specifically
drivers (e.g., not ORMs or tools that enhance PostgreSQL connectivity).

Also, while scanning the list, I also saw that someone recently added
several drivers that appear to be non-OSS. Additionally, a few of the
entries are *not* drivers, which I have gone ahead and removed[1]. I
would say at a minimum, in both the wiki and the docs, we should only
list drivers that are OSS (in particular, so we can actually validate if
they use libpq and support SCRAM), but I will wait until there is some
consensus before removing the other closed-source ones.

Jonathan

[1]
https://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=List_of_drivers&diff=34554&oldid=34553

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Postgres.js driver - for Node.js
Сообщение: Re: Postgres.js driver - for Node.js