Re: PostgreSQL on Linux PC vs MacOS X

От Kevin Barnard
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on Linux PC vs MacOS X
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OS 10.3 IMHO is more stable then 10.2.  I haven't us OS X in a
production environment only for development.  I have yet to have any
problems with it crashing.

I haven't really run any tests to load it down but that's only because
I never expect to use in production.  We have far too many IBM Servers
with battery backed up RAID controllers that I do not see a sudden
switch to any other platform.

If I was a gambling man I would put my money on Linux doing a better
job with postgres, but that's mainly because of the better hardware
options in regard to disks.  If your DB is processor heavy the G5 will
most likely out perform x86 processors.  If you go with the XRaid I
think all bets are off with regards to dollar for dollar PC/Mac
comparison..