Re: pg_restore has problems with restoring sequences.

От robert
Тема Re: pg_restore has problems with restoring sequences.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

thanks,

On 04.02.2018 19:16, Tom Lane wrote:
robert <robert@redcor.ch> writes:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 1068; 1259 142848 SEQUENCE
change_email_domain_id_seq odoo
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  syntax error at or
near "AS"
LINE 2:     AS integer            ^    Command was: CREATE SEQUENCE change_email_domain_id_seq    AS integer    START WITH 1    INCREMENT BY 1    NO MINVALUE    NO MAXVALU...
Hm.  What this suggests is that you're using a pg_dump that is newer than
the server that you're trying to restore to.  The "AS datatype" clause
in CREATE SEQUENCE is new in v10.

The general rule for pg_dump version choice is "use the newest version you
can, but not newer than the server you're going to restore to".  Otherwise
you run into problems like this of the dump containing syntax the target
server doesn't understand.
		regards, tom lane

I am using postgres 10 on the server where I create the dump
and 10.1 where i try to restore.
however,  the box where I try to restore uses
root@lappi:/home/robert/odoo_instances# pg_restore -V
pg_restore (PostgreSQL) 9.5.10

when I check with :
root@lappi:/home/robert/odoo_instances# apt-cache policy postgresql-client
postgresql-client:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 10+189.pgdg17.04+1
  Version table:
     10+189.pgdg17.04+1 500
        500 http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt zesty-pgdg/main amd64 Packages
        500 http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt zesty-pgdg/main i386 Packages
     9.6+184ubuntu1.1 500
        500 http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-updates/main amd64 Packages
        500 http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-updates/main i386 Packages
        500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-security/main amd64 Packages
        500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-security/main i386 Packages
     9.6+184ubuntu1 500
        500 http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/main amd64 Packages
        500 http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/main i386 Packages

and when I try to reinstall
apt install postgresql-client-common
i get a message, that it is already the newest version.

ah, now I see something:$which pg_restore points to:
 /usr/bin/pg_restore -> ../share/postgresql-common/pg_wrapper

what is this pg_wrapper??

thanks