Re: Deploying Postgresql Along My Windows App

От Joshua Kramer
Тема Re: Deploying Postgresql Along My Windows App
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Valter,

I am doing something similar with the Windows installer for the PostBooks
project.  Basically, what I do is this:

1. Use the Postgres windows installer to install 8.2.7
2. Import all the application's databases.
3. Using the NSIS Installer Generation app:
     1. Include all files under c:\program files\postgresql... in my
project;
     2. Use NSIS utilities to install the PostgreSQL service in a
custom manner.  I do this on a non-standard port so that if the user
already has PG, it does not clobber the existing install.

I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but later today I can go into
details if you like.  In the meantime, check out:

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
http://hmne.sourceforge.net/
http://www.xtuple.org

Cheers,
-J

--

-----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb01

Сообщение: Re: postgres 8.1 usermanagement problem
Сообщение: Re: postgres 8.1 usermanagement problem