Re: Selecting table row with latest date [RESOLVED]

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Selecting table row with latest date [RESOLVED]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 19 Aug 2021, David G. Johnston wrote:

> Well, in this case I suspect you had made a different mistake which caused
> the error message (probably the max(c.next_contact)) but instead of
> solving the original problem (removing the max(...)) you decided that two
> wrongs (adding or extending a group by) would hopefully make a right
> (which it did, technically). But while the query works it is definitely
> not conceptually correct.

David,

I'm not at all surprised as I use postgres infrenquently. Once I have
queries producing results I need for my business tracking or client data I
just use them. I'm neither a professional DBA nor database developer and use
a variety of technical applications dependent on project needs.

And I'm quite used to being chastised by those who work primarily with a
single application all day every day and I accept that I'm not an expert.

Regards,

Rich

Сообщение: Re: Selecting table row with latest date [RESOLVED]
Сообщение: Re: Selecting table row with latest date [RESOLVED]