Re: Converting Access .mdb to postgres

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Converting Access .mdb to postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> So you have the tables in Postgres, correct?

Adrian,

Not yet. I have the schema extracted using mdb-schema.

> I did something similar with the USDA Nutrient database(with notion of
> making it a test dataset): https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/doc/index

This is from streamnet.org. They're part of the Pacific States Marine
Fisheries Commission and it's a database of all fish-related information
within the Columbia River basin.

> Access allows you to define 'virtual' relationships that are not really
> enforced as I found out when looking at the data. Good luck on getting
> information, my experience is agencies(I have also dealt with USFWS) do
> not respond to requests about their data. If you do get the information I
> guessing you will have to create your own method of dealing with it. Don't
> count on the data being consistent.

At the federal level cooperation is spotty. Several years ago I downloaded
the International Taxonomic Identification System (ITIS) database (the
internationally accepted list of names -- scientific and common -- for all
animals (perhaps plants, too) in mysql format (I think that was the format)
and my contact there asked for the postgres database when done. I sent him
the dump_all output and he was happy. State level is more open.

Regards,

Rich

Сообщение: Re: Converting Access .mdb to postgres
Сообщение: Re: Converting Access .mdb to postgres