Re: Need to fix one more glitch in upgrade to -10.2

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Need to fix one more glitch in upgrade to -10.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 17 Feb 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

> That's what I was thinking, too. I can remove the 10.2 package, rebuild
> and re-install it. Run initdb, then, as postgres, read in the .sql file.
> This is probably the pragmatic thing to do.

   Rather than doing this my reading of the 10.2 initdb pages suggest that I
can remove /var/lib/pgsql/10.2/data/*, leaving an empty data directory owned
by postgres.postgres. Then, as user postgres, I can run initdb with -D
/full/path/to/data/ and start over. Is this appropriate?

   Looking at the backed up .sql file I see roles for databases that were
removed a long time ago. I'll read the roles section of the 10.2 docs and
edit the .sql file to clean those up.

   Since I'm the only user on this host and postgres cluster would 'trust' be
the appropriate method for use in pb_hba.conf; e.g.,
local   all             all                                     trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            trust

so I can access my databases from the desktop or portables without a
password?

Regards,

Rich