Re: [GENERAL] Securing Information

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Securing Information
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 27 Dec 2016, Chris Weekes wrote:

> I was wondering what steps if any need to be taken to ensure that the
> patient and operational data is secure on a machine and or across the
> network.

Chris,

   I'm far from an expert but until more knowledgeable folks respond I'll
offer a couple of quick suggestins. First, in your postgres data/ directory
modify pg_hba.conf. Specifying hostssl and an appropriate authentication method
will help. Second, partition your users into postgres role specifying what
each role can access and do.

   The postgresql-9.6-US.pdf manual has all the details.

HTH,

Rich