Re: [GENERAL] Securing Information

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Securing Information
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
On Tue, 27 Dec 2016, Chris Weekes wrote:

I was wondering what steps if any need to be taken to ensure that the
patient and operational data is secure on a machine and or across the
network.

Chris,

  I'm far from an expert but until more knowledgeable folks respond I'll
offer a couple of quick suggestins. First, in your postgres data/ directory
modify pg_hba.conf. Specifying hostssl and an appropriate authentication method
will help. Second, partition your users into postgres role specifying what
each role can access and do.

  The postgresql-9.6-US.pdf manual has all the details.

HTH,

Rich

Another thing to consider is DO NOT create your tables in the public schema.
Instead, create a separate schema, then only grant access to that schema and tables
to users that are authorized to access them.

--
Melvin Davidson