Re: PDF files: to store in database or not

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: PDF files: to store in database or not
Дата
Re: PDF files: to store in database or not
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 8 Dec 2016, John DeSoi wrote:

> I have been storing PDFs in Postgres for several years without any
> problems. Documents range in size from a few pages to 100+ pages. I'm
> using a bytea column, not large objects. I store the documents in a
> separate database from the rest of the application data in order to make
> it easy to exclude in database dumps or backup in some other way. I'm
> currently managing about 600,000 documents.

John,

   This is really good information. Rather than using a separate database I
think that storing all PDFs in a separate table makes sense for my
application. Backup practices will be the domain of those using the
application (which I've decided to open-source and give away because I'm not
in the software business). A simple join to the appropriate data table will
make them available.

   Not having used the bytea data type before I'll read how to work with it.

Thanks very much for your insights,

Rich

Сообщение: Re: Importing SQLite database
Сообщение: Re: Importing SQLite database