Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 4 Sep 2016, Charles Clavadetscher wrote:

> Are you able to connect to the new instance with any user at all, e.g.
> with psql? If so you can use the command \du to list all users.

Charles,

   No. The postmaster is not running; trying to start it requires a password
which is also rejected.

   Since I have the pg_dumpall data in a large .sql file I think the best
solution is for me to remove the 9.5.4 package completely, re-install from
the package tarball, run initdb, then start the postmaster and restore all
the databases in the cluster.

   I'm thinking that without paying attention when I initially ran initdb I
used a commandline found on a web site (rather than just reading the man
page) and used the -W option which requires a password for everything. So
starting over from scratch _should_ remove all issues and successfully end
this thread.

Thanks,

Rich

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall