Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 3 Sep 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> A question are you really using 9.4.5 or 9.5.4(the latest version of 9.5)?
> And if you want to use 9.4 I would say use the latest(9.4.9).

Adrian,

   It is 9.4.5, but I have the source tarball for 9.5.4 in the build
directory.
> If the above is a yes, any particular reason you do not want to move to 9.5?

   No.

   I'll delete the 9.4.5 package and build the 9.5.4 package. Will run init
on port 5442 ... except that I do not find an option for init to specify a
different port. So I assume that the initdb doesn't care about ports.

> Once you verify that the new instance is running and you can connect to it

   Not sure how I do this. Don't I need to kill the postgres-9.3.4 process
then start the -9.5.4 process?

Rich

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall