Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/03/2016 03:43 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Sep 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> A question are you really using 9.4.5 or 9.5.4(the latest version of
>> 9.5)?
>> And if you want to use 9.4 I would say use the latest(9.4.9).
>
> Adrian,
>
>   It is 9.4.5, but I have the source tarball for 9.5.4 in the build
> directory.
>> If the above is a yes, any particular reason you do not want to move
>> to 9.5?
>
>   No.
>
>   I'll delete the 9.4.5 package and build the 9.5.4 package. Will run init
> on port 5442 ... except that I do not find an option for init to specify a
> different port. So I assume that the initdb doesn't care about ports.

initdb does not care about ports.

>> Once you verify that the new instance is running and you can connect
>> to it
>
>   Not sure how I do this. Don't I need to kill the postgres-9.3.4 process
> then start the -9.5.4 process?

You can if you already have an up to date dump of the 9.3 instance, but
is not necessary. As long as you assign each instance a unique port
number in postgesql.conf you can have multiple instances of Postgres
running at the same time.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall