Re: Avoiding re-inventing a wheel

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Avoiding re-inventing a wheel
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 12 Aug 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> Or are the various levels tightly coupled and you are looking to start
> from scratch?

Adrian,

   I want to start from scratch. Yet, I think that I found a solution that
will work better than that that.

   There's a tool called XRMS that appears to have everything I need and want
without extras I don't need. But, it has apparently not been updated in a
decade. While I prefer stand-alone applications built with GTK+ or
wxPython/Phoenix to those built using a browser-based UI, it should take me
less time to update this PHP application to work with postgres (I just
downloaded and installed adodb-5.14) and fix as necessary than to start over
using the schema in XRMS.

   I need to use the CRM to help me bring in more business and writing
applications, while fun, does not produce revenue for me.

   I don't know PHP but will find resources to learn what I need; if there
are ways to better integrate postgres with PHP I'd certainly like to learn
about them.

   As always, I look forward to learning from those who know more than I do.

Thanks,

Rich