Re: bizgres

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: bizgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 5 May 2009, Glyn Astill wrote:

> I'm looking at building an olap reporting environment and I came across
> this project on pgfoundry. However it was last updated over 3 years ago,
> am I correct in assuming that this probably isn't something I should be
> looking at?

It's actually closer to 2 years old, but you have to pull files from the
repository because nobody bothers to package it up anymore.  See
http://www.intelligententerprise.com/blog/archives/2008/03/greenplum_3_ope.html
for some background here.  The core Bizgres core used to test new PG
features in advance of their integration into the larger PostgreSQL
community releases, but the 8.3 improvements seem to only be making it
into Greenplum's commercial product noawadays.

You might benefit from investigating the other software Bizgres bundled
with their distribution though:

http://www.ketl.org/
http://jasperforge.org/plugins/project/project_home.php?group_id=102