Обсуждение: bizgres

bizgres

От
Glyn Astill
Дата:
Hi chaps,

I'm looking at building an olap reporting environment and I came across this project on pgfoundry. However it was last
updatedover 3 years ago, am I correct in assuming that this probably isn't something I should be looking at?

Can anyone point me at interesting tools they've used?

Thanks
Glyn

Re: bizgres

От
Joshua Tolley
Дата:
On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 10:04:15AM +0000, Glyn Astill wrote:
> I'm looking at building an olap reporting environment and I came across this
> project on pgfoundry. However it was last updated over 3 years ago, am I
> correct in assuming that this probably isn't something I should be looking at?

I've been working with Pentaho (which uses Mondrian for OLAP) on top of
PostgreSQL 8.3. We've not yet put it in production, so there's a lot that
hasn't been heavily stressed, in particular the size of the data set, but it
seems functional.

- Josh / eggyknap

Вложения

Re: bizgres

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 10:04 +0000, Glyn Astill wrote:
> Can anyone point me at interesting tools they've used?

You may want to contact Greenplum -- their product has the
specifications that you asked.

http://www.greenplum.com/

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
                   http://www.gunduz.org

Вложения

Re: bizgres

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
On Tue, 5 May 2009, Glyn Astill wrote:

> I'm looking at building an olap reporting environment and I came across
> this project on pgfoundry. However it was last updated over 3 years ago,
> am I correct in assuming that this probably isn't something I should be
> looking at?

It's actually closer to 2 years old, but you have to pull files from the
repository because nobody bothers to package it up anymore.  See
http://www.intelligententerprise.com/blog/archives/2008/03/greenplum_3_ope.html
for some background here.  The core Bizgres core used to test new PG
features in advance of their integration into the larger PostgreSQL
community releases, but the 8.3 improvements seem to only be making it
into Greenplum's commercial product noawadays.

You might benefit from investigating the other software Bizgres bundled
with their distribution though:

http://www.ketl.org/
http://jasperforge.org/plugins/project/project_home.php?group_id=102