Re: TDE in PostgreSQL

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: TDE in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Hello, very hard to find some information about TDE ( Transparent Data
> Encryption  ) in PostgreSQL. Could you answer my question?
> 1) Do PostgreSQL supported TDE  ( Transparent Data Encryption  )?

No, which explain why informations are hard to come:-)

This is not a bug, but the absence of a feature.

Note that encryption can occur at many levels, which level is relevant
depends on the threat model:
  1. the app can encrypt data in tables
  2. the database can encrypt its files
  3. the os can encrypt a partition
  4. the disks can encrypt their data

1. can be done with a pg extension (ISTM that several exist). 3. depends
on the OS (data at rest encryption), 4 depends on the hardware. Some
people are working on implementing some form of (2).

--
Fabien.