Re: pgbench bug / limitation

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench bug / limitation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello David,

> On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 23:27, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
>> Attached is a blind attempt at working around the issue based on what you
>> show below, that I cannot test.
>
> I suppose we might be able to do something like that.  It does expose
> us to the implementation of Microsoft's fd_set struct, but surely the
> shape of that must be pretty much fixed since if it were to be changed
> then software that's already compiled would break.

Yep. I cannot seen how to do it without some assumption about the
underlying implementation. I agree that it breaks the very principle of
the interface, which is to hide fdset implementation details.

> I tested the patch on a Windows machine

Thanks.

> and it seems to work.

Good.

> I'm not much a fan of the naming of the new macro though.  Wouldn't it
> be better to reverse the logic and call it IS_VALID_FD?

I hesitated. Here it is with a inversion/renaming, and a check that fd is
positive on windows. I renamed to "FD_IS_VALID" which seems to read
better.

--
Fabien.
Вложения