Re: pgbench bug / limitation

От David Rowley
Тема Re: pgbench bug / limitation
Дата
Re: pgbench bug / limitation  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 23:27, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
> Attached is a blind attempt at working around the issue based on what you
> show below, that I cannot test.

I suppose we might be able to do something like that.  It does expose
us to the implementation of Microsoft's fd_set struct, but surely the
shape of that must be pretty much fixed since if it were to be changed
then software that's already compiled would break.

I tested the patch on a Windows machine and it seems to work. I'm not
much a fan of the naming of the new macro though.  Wouldn't it be
better to reverse the logic and call it IS_VALID_FD?

David