Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Alvaro,

> pgbench's main() is overly long already, and the new code being added
> seems to pollute it even more.  Can we split it out into a static
> function that gets placed, say, just below disconnect_all() or maybe
> after runInitSteps?

I agree that refactoring is a good idea, but I do not think it belongs to
this patch. The file is pretty long too, probably some functions could be
moved to distinct files (eg expression evaluation, variable management,
...).

> (Also, we seem to be afraid of function prototypes.  Why not move the
> append_fillfactor() to *below* the functions that use it?)

Because we avoid one more line for the function prototype? I try to put
functions in def/use order if possible, especially for small functions
like this one.

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: Standby accepts recovery_target_timeline setting?
Сообщение: Re: Standby accepts recovery_target_timeline setting?