Re: pgsql: Fix unportable code in pgbench.

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix unportable code in pgbench.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Tom,

> Fix unportable code in pgbench.

Sorry for this unforseen issue... portability is a pain:-(

> The buildfarm points out that UINT64_FORMAT might not work with sscanf;
> it's calibrated for our printf implementation, which might not agree
> with the platform-supplied sscanf.  Fall back to just accepting an
> unsigned long, which is already more than the documentation promises.

Yep, but ISTM that it is down to 32 bits, whereas the PRNG seed expects 48
bits a few lines below:

     base_random_sequence.xseed[0] = iseed & 0xFFFF;
     base_random_sequence.xseed[1] = (iseed >> 16) & 0xFFFF;
     base_random_sequence.xseed[2] = (iseed >> 32) & 0xFFFF;

So the third short is now always 0. Hmmm. I'll propose another option over
the week-end.

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces