Re: pgsql: Fix unportable code in pgbench.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix unportable code in pgbench.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> Fix unportable code in pgbench.

> Sorry for this unforseen issue... portability is a pain:-(

I think it's my fault, actually --- I don't remember how much of
that patch was yours.

> Yep, but ISTM that it is down to 32 bits,

Only on 32-bit-long machines, which are a dwindling minority (except
for Windows, which I don't really care about).

> So the third short is now always 0. Hmmm. I'll propose another option over
> the week-end.

I suppose we could put pg_strtouint64 somewhere where pgbench can use it,
but TBH I don't think it's worth the trouble.  The set of people using
the --random-seed=int option at all is darn near empty, I suspect,
and the documentation only says you can write an int there.

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces