Re: chained transactions

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: chained transactions
Дата
Re: chained transactions  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Updated patch attached.  The previous (v2) patch apparently didn't apply
> anymore.

Second patch applies cleanly, compiles, "make check" ok.

As I do not know much about the SPI stuff, some of the comments below may
be very stupid.

I'm wary of changing the SPI_commit and SPI_rollback interfaces which are
certainly being used outside the source tree and could break countless
code, and it seems quite unclean that commit and rollback would do
anything else but committing or rollbacking.

ISTM that it should be kept as is and only managed from the PL/pgsql
exec_stmt_* functions, which have to be adapted anyway. That would
minimise changes and not break existing code.

If SPI_* functions are modified, which I would advise against, I find
keeping the next assignment in the chained case doubtful:

     _SPI_current->internal_xact = false;

--
Fabien.