Re: Usability fail with psql's \dp command

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Usability fail with psql's \dp command
Дата
Re: Usability fail with psql's \dp command
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Pavel,

>> I noticed today that \dp does not distinguish empty acl fields
>> (meaning nobody has any privileges) from null acl fields
>> (which mean default privileges, typically not empty).
>
> This confusing behavior exists not only for \dp command.
> Consider schemas and \dn+ command:

Indeed, all \d* which display perms have the empty/default confusion:

   \dp \ddp \des \dew \l \dn \db \df \dT \dD \dL

I fixed them all to display the default acl in the patch I just sent.

I also noticed that although large objects have permissions, they are not
printed by any backslash commands.

--
Fabien.