Re: [HACKERS] psql - add special variable to reflect the last querystatus

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql - add special variable to reflect the last querystatus
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Pavel,

>> I agree that the existing "SetVariableBool" function is a misnommer, it
>> should be "SetVariableOn" given what it does, and it is not what we
>> need.
>
> switching default setting from ON to TRUE requires wider discussion -

Yep.

> in this moment I like to have special function "SetVariableON".

I'm fine with this, but this make it a change totally unrelated to this
patch as it would not use the function... Moreover, this function would
not use an hypothetical "set var bool" function because of the debatable
on/off vs true/false change.

Also, a "set var bool" function would be called only twice, which is not
very beneficial for a oneliner, so I left it out.

>> I agree that there is some common structure, but ISTM that the
>> AcceptResult function is called in a variety of situation where variables
>> are not to be set (eg "internal" queries, not user provided queries), so I
>> thought it best to keep the two apart.
>
> I understand, but It is not nice, really  - maybe only switch can be moved
> to some inlining function  like IsSuccess() - more .. with this function,
> the SetResultVariables function will be more cleaner

Indeed. Attached v5 does that.

--
Fabien.