Re: add modulo (%) operator to pgbench

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: add modulo (%) operator to pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Robert,

> Done.

Great!

> I removed some of the new error-reporting stuff because (1) I wasn't
> sure it was right

Hmmm. Although I'm not sure it was right, I'm sure that not enough error
reporting is too rough:
  sh> ./pgbench -f bad.sql  syntax error at column 25  set: parse error

> and (2) it touched more places than just the ones directly relevant to
> the patch.

It just tried to report errors consistently from all places.

> I think those things can be resubmitted as a separate patch,

Yep, I'll do that.

> but I'd like to have a more robust discussion about what we want the
> error reporting to look like rather than just sliding it into this
> patch.

As an input, I suggest that the error reporting feature should provide a
clue about where the issue is, including a line number and possibly the
offending line. Not sure what else is needed.

--
Fabien.