Re: add modulo (%) operator to pgbench

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: add modulo (%) operator to pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 12:06 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>> I took a look through the patch and the discussion and it certainly
>> seems ready to me.  I agree with Robert- let's go ahead and get this in
>> and then folks can build on top of it.  I'm guessing it was added as
>> "Needs Review" since that's the default for a new entry, but it's
>> clearly had review from multiple people, committers and non-committers
>> alike, so I went ahead and marked it as 'ready for committer' to make
>> that clear to folks looking at the CF app.
>>
>> Robert, as this is mostly your code (and you're marked as author on the
>> CF app), do you want to do the actual commit, or are you impartial, or
>> would you prefer someone else handle it, or..?  I'm interested in this
>> also and would be happy to help in any way I can.
>
> Yeah, I'll take care of it.

Done.  I removed some of the new error-reporting stuff because (1) I
wasn't sure it was right and (2) it touched more places than just the
ones directly relevant to the patch.  I think those things can be
resubmitted as a separate patch, but I'd like to have a more robust
discussion about what we want the error reporting to look like rather
than just sliding it into this patch.  I also removed the bit about
using "uniform" as an argument to setrandom, which may or may not be
something we want but doesn't seem related to the rest of this.  The
rest, I committed with minor wordsmithing.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company