Re: documentation update for doc/src/sgml/func.sgml

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: documentation update for doc/src/sgml/func.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I had a look at this patch.  This patch adds some text below a table
> of functions.  Immediately above that table, there is this existing
> language:
>
>   The functions working with <type>double precision</type> data are mostly
>   implemented on top of the host system's C library; accuracy and behavior in
>   boundary cases can therefore vary depending on the host system.
>
> This seems to me to substantially duplicate the information added by the patch.

I would rather say that it explicites the potential issues. Taking that
into account, maybe the part about floating point could be moved up after
the above sentence, or the above sentence moved down as an introduction,
with some pruning so that it fits in?

The second paragraph about bitwise ops is not related to these.

--
Fabien.