Re: gaussian distribution pgbench

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: gaussian distribution pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Nice drawing!

>>  * How about setting the variable as a float instead of integer? Would
>>> seem more natural to me. At least as an option.
>>
>> Which variable? The values set by setrandom are mostly used for primary
>> keys. We really want integers in a range.
>
> I think he said threshold parameter. Threshold parameter is very sensitive
> parameter, so we need to set double in threshold. I think that you can
> consent it when you see attached picture.

I'm sure that the threshold must be a double, but I thought it was already
the case, because of atof, the static variables which are declared double,
and the threshold function parameters which are declared double as well,
and the putVariable uses a "%lf" format...

Possibly I'm missing something?

--
Fabien.