Re: simultaneously reducing both memory usage and runtime for a query

От Faheem Mitha
Тема Re: simultaneously reducing both memory usage and runtime for a query
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Faheem Mitha wrote:

>> I submitted a modified self-contained email as requested, but it does not
>> appear to have made it to the list, and I never got any kind of reject
>> message. It was around 1000 lines with no attachments. Is there a size
>> limit for posts, and if so, what is it? If it was rejected due to some
>> filter, it would be desirable (and polite) if the recepient was told what
>> happened.
>
> The bottom line is that this email list is best at answering short,
> detailed questions.  Larger questions that require a lot of analysis by
> readers are often ignored.

The question is not really that complex and I (perhaps mistakenly) thought
it would be of interest to the PostgreSQL community. Maybe I'll try
resubmitting a part of the question.

Regardless, you don't address why the email I sent disappeared into the
ether. If it was rejected due to excessive length, then it would be polite
to get an automated rejection. Perhaps something like

"Your message is too long and so is being rejected. Messages to the ...
mailing list need to be under x lines"

                                                     Regards, Faheem.