Re: INSERT times - same storage space but more fields -> much slower inserts

От: Matthew Wakeling
Тема: Re: INSERT times - same storage space but more fields -> much slower inserts
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Bacula should be using COPY for the batch data loads, so hopefully won't
> suffer too much from having the fields split out.  I think it would be
> interesting to try doing PQexecPrepared with binary-format data instead
> of using COPY though.  I'd be happy to help you implement a test setup
> for doing that, if you'd like.

You can always do binary-format COPY.

Matthew

--
 An ant doesn't have a lot of processing power available to it. I'm not trying
 to be speciesist - I wouldn't want to detract you from such a wonderful

Сообщение: Re: INSERT times - same storage space but more fields -> much slower inserts
Сообщение: Re: INSERT times - same storage space but more fields -> much slower inserts