Re: INSERT times - same storage space but more fields -> much slower inserts

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: INSERT times - same storage space but more fields -> much slower inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
* Matthew Wakeling (matthew@flymine.org) wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> Bacula should be using COPY for the batch data loads, so hopefully won't
>> suffer too much from having the fields split out.  I think it would be
>> interesting to try doing PQexecPrepared with binary-format data instead
>> of using COPY though.  I'd be happy to help you implement a test setup
>> for doing that, if you'd like.
>
> You can always do binary-format COPY.

I've never played with binary-format COPY actually.  I'd be happy to
help test that too though.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

От: Matthew Wakeling
Сообщение: Re: INSERT times - same storage space but more fields -> much slower inserts
Сообщение: Re: INSERT times - same storage space but more fields -> much slower inserts