Re: [BUGS] issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: [BUGS] issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hello,

>> When constraint names are generated by postgresql, ISTM that the software
>> is free to choose them so they could be chosen non ambiguous per schema.
>
> We do that already.  See ChooseConstraintName and ChooseRelationName.

Very good news! I had not noticed that change yet. No more multiple $1
constraints then.

>> When users choose colliding names, I agree that it would break existing
>> schemas, but there could be an option to enforce uniqueness of the name
>> per schema if desired.
>
> What would be the point of that?  IIRC, your complaint about this was in
> connection with wanting to write some information-schema-using code that
> could be used by anybody.  Such code could hardly assume that the option
> was set.

I was thinking the other way around: the default would be "true", and
setting "false" would allow backward compatibility, if needed. In my mind,
the "if desired" was yes by default.

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: Ambiguous index entry for Privileges
Сообщение: Re: Ambiguous index entry for Privileges