Re: Regression: Problems with Timestamp arguments

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Regression: Problems with Timestamp arguments
Дата
Re: Regression: Problems with Timestamp arguments  (Lachezar Dobrev <l.dobrev@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013, Lachezar Dobrev wrote:

>   I've made a blunt stab at working around the issue.
>   The attached patch adds a new parameter to the JDBC URL: timestamp.
> The parameter can be wither 'with_timezone' or 'without_timezone'. If
> the parameter is missing, or has a different value then the current
> behaviour (using Oid.UNSPECIFIED) is exhibited. With the parameters
> specified correctly one of the Oid.TIMESTAMP or Oid.TIMESTAMPTZ is
> used when sending Timestamp arguments to the server.

This won't really work in general though.  If you have a database that has
both timestamp and timestamptz fields in it, there is no valid setting of
this configuration option.  Setting it either way will result in silent
corruption of your data.

Kris Jurka