Re: Regression: Problems with Timestamp arguments

От Lachezar Dobrev
Тема Re: Regression: Problems with Timestamp arguments
Дата
Re: Regression: Problems with Timestamp arguments  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
  I've made a blunt stab at working around the issue.
  The attached patch adds a new parameter to the JDBC URL: timestamp.
The parameter can be wither 'with_timezone' or 'without_timezone'. If
the parameter is missing, or has a different value then the current
behaviour (using Oid.UNSPECIFIED) is exhibited. With the parameters
specified correctly one of the Oid.TIMESTAMP or Oid.TIMESTAMPTZ is
used when sending Timestamp arguments to the server.

  I am not sure whether this is the correct way to request new
features/enhancements, or what is the work-flow for accepting patches,
so feel free to scold me.

  I believe the patch to be backwards compatible and very
light-weight, but it may deviate from the code formatting and code
practices of the project.

2013/9/10 Lachezar Dobrev <l.dobrev@gmail.com>:
>    I (believe I) understand the issue.
>   May I suggest a parameter to the Connection URL to specify how
> Timestamp is sent to the server.
>
>   I am not versed enough to make a patch to hold this proposal, but if
> I must I will try to.
>
>   How is this problem «solved» when using protocol version 2?
>   Is there a way to degrade certain parts of the protocol?

Вложения