Re: [JDBC] Bug - DatabaseMetaData.getCatalogs() was [Novice] Can't get list of databases with \list

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: [JDBC] Bug - DatabaseMetaData.getCatalogs() was [Novice] Can't get list of databases with \list
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Richard Broersma wrote:

> I verified that the DatabaseMetaData.getCatalogs() only returns a
> ResultSet with the currently connect database rather than all of the
> databases in the PostgreSQL cluster.

The previous discussion to refer to is probably:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-01/msg00164.php

Crippling getCatalogs was the best proposed solution to the fact that no
other catalog based functionality existed (or could).

Kris Jurka