Re: SHOW TABLES

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: SHOW TABLES
Дата
Re: SHOW TABLES  (Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com>)
Re: SHOW TABLES  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: SHOW TABLES  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Thom Brown wrote:

> On 15 July 2010 17:07, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Thom Brown wrote:
>>
>>> If it's only a psql problem, why implement it as SQL?  Is it just so we're
>>> not adding keywords specifically to psql?  In that case, it shouldn't
>>> support QUIT.
>>
>> Personally, I think this is somethign that should go into the backend ...
>> I'd like to be able to write perl scripts that talk to the backend without
>> having to remember all the various system tables I need to query / join to
>> get the same results as \d gives me in psql ... same for any interface
>> language, really ...
>>

> Isn't that what the information_schema catalog is for?

I'd rather write:

SHOW TABLES;

then:

SELECT  table_name  FROM information_schema.tables WHERE table_type = 'BASE TABLE'   AND table_schema NOT IN
('pg_catalog','information_schema');

And, the latter, unless I'm doing it regularly, is alot harder to remember
then the former ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org