Re: turn off auto-commit

От Björn Lundin
Тема Re: turn off auto-commit
Дата
Re: turn off auto-commit
Список pgsql-admin
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Waruna Geekiyanage wrote:
>> Does turn fsync off equivalent to turn autocommit off?
>
> No, fsync is related to flushing information to disk. It doesn't relate
> to autocommit.

This auto-commit on/off, is this what I think it is;
a way off NOT needing to enclose several statements in a begin/commit,
but having a new transaction directly after a commit, in psql, like
Oracle's sql*plus?

If so, in what version was this introduced, or is this mentioned somewhere
on the web?

regards
/Björn Lundin

От: Oliver Elphick
Сообщение: Re: HELP !!!! Deleted the content of bin directory
От: Artur Pietruk
Сообщение: Re: I need ODBC for PostgreSQL