initdb on cygwin

От Thorsten Ottosen
Тема initdb on cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Aloha,

I have installed PostgreSql on cygwin. I then create
a directory /usr/local/pgsql/data and changed access permission
to full. I then try to execute this:
===================
bash-2.05b$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"thorsten".

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1...

but then the system hangs, that is, it never seems to get past the  latst
line. Does anybody
have an idea about what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks

Thorsten,
Dezide Aps
www.dezide.com