Re: Problem with the sequence

От Carlos Costa
Тема Re: Problem with the sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I wrote a very basic entry about this at improveyourweb some weeks ago
(http://www.improveyourweb.com/?q=node/2). Hope it helps.

In the source code, sequence.c, you can read something like:

       /*
        * Decide whether we should emit a WAL log record.      If so, force up
        * the fetch count to grab SEQ_LOG_VALS more values than we actually
        * need to cache.  (These will then be usable without logging.)
        *
        * If this is the first nextval after a checkpoint, we must force a new
        * WAL record to be written anyway, else replay starting from the
        * checkpoint would fail to advance the sequence past the logged
        * values.      In this case we may as well fetch extra values.
        */
         if (log < fetch)...

log is log_cnt (or log_cnt-1 if is_called equals false)
fetch is cache_value (or cache_value-1 if is_called equals false)

If someone more can help, it would interesting for all understand this better.

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:22:55 +0000, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
> sid tow wrote:
> > HI
> >
> >      I have a problem locating the documentation for "sequence". I want to get the detailed information about the
columnspresent in a sequence table ie when I do

> >  foo_seq                    |         11 |            1 | 9223372036854775807 |         1 |           1 |       0 |
f        | t
> > (1 row)
> >
> > I need to know where do i find documentation to know what the columns specify and I have already checked the man
pagesof create_sequence where I did not find much.