Re: Problem with the sequence

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Problem with the sequence
Дата
Re: Problem with the sequence  (sid tow <siddy_tow@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
sid tow wrote:
> HI
>
>      I have a problem locating the documentation for "sequence". I want to get the detailed information about the
columnspresent in a sequence table ie when I do

---------------------------+------------+--------------+---------------------+-----------+-------------+---------+-----------+-----------
>  foo_seq                    |         11 |            1 | 9223372036854775807 |         1 |           1 |       0 | f
> (1 row)
>
> I need to know where do i find documentation to know what the columns specify and I have already checked the man
pagesof create_sequence where I did not find much.
> Can somebody give me ref to a link where I get such information.

 From psql:
\d foo_seq
Sequence "public.foo_seq"
     Column     |  Type
---------------+---------
  sequence_name | name
  last_value    | bigint
  increment_by  | bigint
  max_value     | bigint
  min_value     | bigint
  cache_value   | bigint
  log_cnt       | bigint
  is_cycled     | boolean
  is_called     | boolean

 From the manuals:
CREATE [ TEMPORARY | TEMP ] SEQUENCE name [ INCREMENT [ BY ] increment ]
  [ MINVALUE minvalue | NO MINVALUE ] [ MAXVALUE maxvalue | NO MAXVALUE ]
  [ START [ WITH ] start ] [ CACHE cache ] [ [ NO ] CYCLE ]

For the ones not mentioned in the manual:
  last_value - is the last value given out by the sequence
  is_called  - says whether nextval() has been called in this session
               (and so whether it is safe to call currval())
  log_cnt    - don't know, googling suggests it's to do with WAL logging.

Does that help?
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: Jonel Rienton
Сообщение: Re: SQL query question
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: change table to view problem